Old July 11th 06, 03:07 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
trino

Default Biker's Diet

"Mark" wrote in message
. ..
ackfugue wrote:
I'm sure this question has been asked a million and one times, but I am
desperate.

Fat weighs less than muscle. Soft fat less dangerous than hard.
Drink water before you are thirsty.
Aerobic activity burns fat better than any other exercise. Stretch before
and after a ride. regular better than sporadic and weekend warriors
program.

Heart rate is best indicator to see if you are impoving and maintaining
aerobic fitness. Any fitness book can teach you the basics about monitoring
your heart rate. (no equipment needed alas)
I think it is 75% max 3-4 times a week. See your Doctor to appove any
program if you are over 55 or have a medical condition.
220- your age is your Max heart Rate. I think, actually, they just changed
that to 200- your age. Am I right?

Take your vitamins. Eat raw fruit and vegables more or only. Fills
you up, 100% nutritious and no fat, transfat content. Prevents Cancer as
well as letting your stomach do what it was made for. Be alert however, too
much a good thing is still bad. Fibre can actually cause intestinal
complications too.

Less is More. Moderation is key. Think Thin. Lock the Fridge haha

Not get movin'

You do not need a fitness coach but it is easier to exercise in groups if
you are unmotivated. The latest thing is a video game by CATEYE attached to
an exercise bike. They had people staying on the thing for 3 hours and had
to be told to get off. hahaha
Might be worth looking into It is on sale somewhere i know.

cheers
Shirley