Old August 10th 19, 03:30 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Andre Jute[_2_]

Default Andrew

On Saturday, August 10, 2019 at 9:02:00 AM UTC+1, Chalo wrote:
Campagnolo components constitute a pass/fail intelligence test. They work poorly, cost much, are expensive to maintain, and are (at best) inconsistently supported. I don't love Shimano and I loathe SRAM, but either one represents better value than Crampy. All three have taken cyclists and cycle service professionals for a ride.

I admire Shimano: quite a bit of their gear, if you take care not to go higher than Deore, is reliable, reasonably priced stuff. That said, I wrecked two Nexus hub gearboxes before 5000m -- together. And my favourite bike for the last ten years has not a single Shimano component on it, just German or Swiss gear on a Dutch-built frame.

Andre Jute
Bicycle chauvinism is now a boutique choice