Old September 3rd 19, 02:10 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Jeff Liebermann

Default Does anything dissolve paint thinner

On Mon, 2 Sep 2019 17:08:43 -0700 (PDT), jbeattie
wrote:

On Monday, September 2, 2019 at 4:48:44 PM UTC-7, AMuzi wrote:
Did you know that Jeff wrote about Iso Propyl Alcohol? = IPA

Clarification: I didn't mean India Pale Ale:
http://allaboutbeer.com/beer_style/india-pale-ale/
However, the mistake is forgivable. I don't drink booze and had no
idea what IPA beer was until I looked it up.

I used an IPA on Friday to patch 30 (count 'em) tubes from my heap
of un-patched tubes. Open bottle, pour in glass, drink and patch tubes.
It also helps to watch an action movie.
-- Jay Beattie.

It's not strong enough to be used for inner tube surface preparation,
so I'll assume that you drank it.

30 tubes? If that's a years supply, that would be one blowout every
12 days. Assuming your roads aren't covered with broken glass, goat
heads, or roofing nails, I would suspect that you purchased your inner
tubes from the same vendor that supplied me with my collection of
perforated inner tubes.

--
Jeff Liebermann
150 Felker St #D