Old April 23rd 09, 10:20 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Light of Aria[_2_]

Default Another Day, Another Lunatic

"mileburner" wrote in message

"James" wrote in message
On my ride today, got to a village and wasn't sure which way to turn, so
decided to "u-turn" around a mini-roundabout to take a good look at all
the signposts. Signalled right, moved across...no problems so far.
started turning right with the painted on circle (small concrete mound)
just to the right of my wheel. Got to the second exit (straight on) and
"whoooosh", lady in Land Rover drives right across white circle (going
straight on) and nearly flattens me.

I always give way to everyone at mini roundabouts (or at least wait until
*they* give way to me). This is because many drivers do not understand how
they work and the "give way to the right" principle.

If you are driving a Land Rover it's not that important. If you are on two
wheels, it is.

Also remember, car drivers are very important people and may well be in a
hurry. Common occurrences of this type of thing happen at about 3.05 to
3.15 in the afternoon when said lady is late picking up from school. Watch
out! These people are far more important than cyclists who get in their
way.

Well said. These people are so important that as well having liberty to
knock down and squelch cyclists, they are exempt from indication and also
their important telephone conversations are conveyed directly from their
office command desks directly to their cars, as their conversations can not
be delayed by mere matters of road safety and courtesy.