Old June 27th 03, 01:26 AM
hippy

Default Maxxis Hookworm 26" - When/Where?

"Neil & Jill" wrote in message
Mr Hippy

Why a fat slick?

Well I'm currently commuting to work on my mtb
because my roadie commuter has a puncture.
I found that I was enjoying riding the mtb a
little more because I could do a few more things
on it to/from work - jump stuff, ride it off the
road, some trialsin' stuff.. it was a little more fun
and wasn't a lot slower.

It just happened to have a 2.3" Tioga Factory
DH tyre and DH tube for the Lerderderg Gorge
ride I did in Feb.
This combo is great for harder landings because
of it's ability to resist bottoming out and pinchflats.
Problem is, the huge knobs are a total waste of
energy and just get worn down quickly - wasting
my money.
So, I want a slick for the commuting aspect and
I want it fat for the impacts it is likely to get.

I hope that makes sense
hip