Old January 25th 08, 08:00 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Ron George

Default Give me inertia or give me death (what the heck, give me both...)

On Jan 24, 11:47*pm, Ralph Barone wrote:
I've thrown a few pictures of my modified Minoura HyperMag trainer up at

http://members.shaw.ca/ralph.barone/...e%20stuff.html

Ralph,

That last picture (front view) looks great... thats a massive wheel.
I'm not sure what the radius is but I'm sure you already have figured
it out. Just for the records anyway check this link out for the
math :
http://www.engineeringtoolbox.com/fl...rgy-d_945.html

You probably just wanted to have fun and do something with that "crap"
trainer. If I were you, I'd just sell that, and get a new Kurt
Kinetic. They already beat you to the flywheel game, with a massive 18
pounder on the shelves now. Besides, you can change flywheels pretty
easily. My two cents.

Ron
http://cozybeehive.blogspot.com