Old January 19th 11, 10:11 AM posted to aus.bicycle
TimC[_2_]

Default My second encounter with the AFP

On 2011-01-18, John Tserkezis (aka Bruce)
Behaviour in Sydney needs to be modified though:
There are never any hook turns anyway, so you *should* make only
regular turns.
Drivers have never seen them before, don't know what they look like,
and more importantly, they'll never know to avoid you if you're stupid
enough to try it.

If you live in Melbourne however, things are different:
You have my condolences. That is all. :-)

They come in handy. Some intersections where you know the light
cycle, you may know that since there's a red arrow right now, the
right arrow comes after the other direction get a go first. So do a
hook turn, and you get to go earlier. Before all the suckers in a
cage.

Also, they come in handy over tram tracks because you don't have to
take your hands off the handlebars to indicate right while tackling
the tracks at an acute angle.

--
TimC
"I wish there was a knob on the TV to turn up the intelligence. There's a