Old October 18th 15, 12:22 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
John B.[_6_]

Default Fall has fell

On Sat, 17 Oct 2015 23:20:23 -0300, Joy Beeson
wrote:

On Sat, 17 Oct 2015 18:14:18 +0700, John B.
wrote:

Well, I'm not in South Africa or Australia but here in Bangkok it is
the end of the rainy season and time to start slathering on the sun
screen to avoid sun burn, Not a cloud in the sky today and the
temperature was a cool 32 degrees (C) :-)

Wikipedia's description of your climate strongly suggests that you
don't even *own* any winter woollies!

Not any more although the second job I had after I came back to Asia
was at a copper mine in Irian Jaya, as it was known then, The base
camp was at about 8,000 feet above sea level and the mine where we
worked was a thousand feet higher and it rained every day. Try to buy
cold weather gear in Bangkok, Singapore, Indonesia, or N.T.,
Australia,

And worse, no one ever said anything about working at 10,000 feet. The
warmest piece of clothing I had was a rubber rain suit :-)

This morning I read in the Wabash club's mailing list that one of
their rides was postponed because it was "too cold to ride" early in
the morning. I was much puzzled by that.

Maybe the ride leader left his warm clothes in his storage locker last
spring.

--
cheers,

John B.