Old June 20th 09, 05:06 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
bod43

Default Video of Fatal Accident Caused by Speed Camera

On 19 June, 18:51, Nuxx Bar wrote:
http://www.driversalliance.org.uk/press/view/281

The car-haters can say "It wouldn't have happened if they hadn't been
speeding" as much as they like, but that's just a pathetic excuse,
which shows yet again that the car-haters will *always* defend cameras
no matter what. *The speed camera caused the accident, and no amount
of agenda-driven contortion can escape that fact.

Perhaps what you say is true.

Thing is, this is not relevant to UK.rec.cycling.

The highway code (applicaple to the UK) clearly
states that drivers should be able to stop *within*
the distance that they can see to be clear.
This would include being clear of speed cameras.

Perhaps in Saudi it is different but that is not in the
least bit relevant here.

If you fancy driving otherwise you can now look forward
to a spell in jail after being convicted of causing death
by careless (or dangerous) driving.

If the incident presented here had occurred in the UK
and had resulted in the death of any non-driver and
had the driver survived I see little doubt that a conviction
as described above would result. The *voters* no longer
approve of any and all stupid driving. You should try to
get used to the idea since we will only be getting less
tolerant as time passes.