Old April 26th 08, 05:23 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc,alt.planning.urban,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.rides,uk.rec.cycling
Pat

Default It's like a jungle out there for bike riders

On Apr 25, 11:08*pm, "Jack May" wrote:
"Pat" wrote in message

On Apr 25, 10:15 am, ComandanteBanana
wrote:
* "The bicyclist is under attack from all directions - the streets
are
* ragged, the air is poison, and the drivers are angry."

Bicyclists aren't under attack from all directions. *Frankly, no one

cares enough to care, let alone attack them. *But they are getting a

bad reputation from your posts.

He also seems to do everything he can to be killed by a car just because he
thinks he can mix with car traffic and "own the road *no matter how much
slower he is or how much he tries to cause a car accident to prove his
point. *He is obviously the attacker, not the other people.

His comments on being attacked are pure fantasy in his mind, not reality.
You are correct, nobody cares enough to care. * They are probably trying to
not hit him as he does things that could put them in an accident hitting
another car.

I know I sometimes have to drive in a way that increases my danger in order
to avoid hitting bike riders on narrow mountain roads in the Bay Area.

I think his mindset comes from a post a week or so ago where he
mentioned a situation re his mother where he was in a car with her
when she tried to stop someone from running a toll and the person
brandished a gun at them -- or something like that. It may have
tarnished him for life and given him a twisted perspective on things.

It actually makes me feel bad for him.