Old September 25th 05, 07:18 PM
LoGo USA

Default Ed Dolan's Fifth and Final Farewell to Freaking ARBR!

Hey gang -

wrote, simply, but still apparently confusing one
simpleminded reader:

Bye.

Should that have been: 'Bye, NGET[1]; hello again,
nget'? How odd that as the NGET is at long, long
last leaving us (perhaps!), nget has gnow suddenly
become much more prolific than he/she/it/they
has/have been in months.

It is interesting to look back over the apparent
relationship between nget and the NGET. The nget
persona "hides behind" a user gname and webposts at
ARBR via Cycling Forums (making his/her/its/their
actual email address obscure at best). He/she/it/they
would seem to be an uneducated common laborer who
has set gnew standards for wretched formatting of
messages and misspelling, as well as grammar and
punctuation errors. Aren't those all things the NGET
has repeatedly declared he despises, and for which he
has (way too often!) damned and demeaned most other
ARBR posters?

Yet nget and the NGET have constantly, consistently
remained a mutual admiration society all year, much
thicker than Beavis and Butthead, eagerly striving
side by side to battle top posters, liberals, one
other particularly prolific person and a poopy poet,
as well as all recklessly racing recumbent cyclists -
especially the gnotoriously evil Johnny GnoCom. Is it
profound, mysterious or merely 'sui generis'[2] that
these two posters, as different as Dr. Jekyll and
Mr. Hyde could have so much in common - well, sort of
like Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde? So much alike and yet
so different, almost as if those differences were a
conscious effort...

Is it possible that the NGET has actually tried to
come through on one of his 'promises'? Remember this
from the 'Milestone... Appoaching [sic]' thread?:

I am planning to change my persona on this newsgroup
in the very near future as well as my email
address... Stayed [sic] tuned!

Following Ed Gin's example, I am hereby offering $10
for firm proof that nget and the NGET are gnot the
same person. Unlike Mr. Gin, however, I will be very
explicit about what is required: copies of birth
certificates for both 'persons' mailed directly from
the state or national agencies, and complete info for
at least one credit card for each (type, number, the
3-digit code on rear, expiration date and current
billing address).

But, hey, does anybody really care who or what nget
is as long as he/she/it/they makes a gnominal effort
to be reasonably gnice?

[1]: NGET is a (perhaps oxymoronically unpronounceable)
anagram for: Nasty, Gratingly Egregious TROLL
[2]: M-W lists 'peculiar' as a synonym for this Latin
phrase.

Regards,
Wayne [gnot Tom, in spite of the footnotes!]