Old April 14th 18, 10:50 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Joy Beeson

Default today's ride

On Sat, 14 Apr 2018 10:02:52 -0700 (PDT), "
wrote:

Must be tough riders in California. IF I HAD KNOWN it was going to HAIL during my ride, I would not have left the house on any bike. Road or mountain bike. I doubt either has much advantage when getting hailed on.

That reminds me of a group ride I was on way back when. We got
caught in a shower of pellet snow; one guy complained of the noise
the pellets were making an his helmet; another responded "*You're*
complaining? I'm not wearing a helmet!"

Weird what a swiss-cheese memory does. I remember the conversation,
but don't remember getting hit with pellets. I also don't remember
whether that was before or after I started wearing a helmet.

Remember when the Bell Biker was the only hardshell? I once arrived
first at a picnic, put my Bell Biker on a bench, dropped my Cool Gear
gloves into it, and walked away. When I came back for my hat and
gloves, there were a half dozen Bell Bikers on the bench, and each
held a pair of Cool Gear gloves.

That may have been when I started putting return-address stickers
inside my helmets.

--
Joy Beeson
joy beeson at comcast dot net