Old June 15th 18, 07:23 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Frank Krygowski[_2_]

Default Crooked handlebars. What do you do?

On Friday, June 15, 2018 at 1:04:14 PM UTC-4, wrote:

I just go for a test ride up and down the street, few hundred yards each way. Carry an Allen wrench. When you get back to the driveway, turn the bars. Repeat the test rides until you get back to the driveway and don't want to change the angle. I doubt I can patent this ingenious method. I use the same method for saddle height and handlebar angle in the stem. Test and trial. After you eyeball it pretty close to start with.

Yes, that's what I've always done. I decided it was a bit of PITA.

I like the straightedge on the fork trick. It's easy and saves that bit of
trial and error.

- Frank Krygowski