Old March 13th 18, 03:02 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Duane[_2_]

Default rim notation

On 13/03/2018 6:32 AM, Sepp Ruf wrote:
AMuzi wrote:
On 3/12/2018 2:44 PM, Tosspot wrote:
On 12/03/18 14:29, AMuzi wrote:
On 3/11/2018 11:55 PM, Emanuel Berg wrote:
Frank Krygowski wrote:

Emanuel, with all due respect, have you
considered buying a book?

You don't really think a lack of paper, pencils, or posters is the
problem[1], do you?

These are the ones I have acquired or borrowed
from the public library. The road bike books
obviously don't cover the Torpedo rear hub, and
the Swedish books are mechanically at a lower
level than that, the Dutch one maybe covers it
but I don't read the language - it has some
good illos tho so I wouldn't rule it out.
"Effective cycling" I gave up on as it was so
boring to read with very few illustrations and
a tiresome focus on policy/traffic issues which
I can't influence anyway.

^^^^^^^^^
Bingo. This fits the classic definition of "idiot."

[list of books]

You might consider a review of basic principles and prior
art besides consumer 'how to' books:

https://www.alibris.com/booksearch?k...&hs.x=0&hs.y=0

A new edition is merely 1.3 pounds? Won't fix a SWEloi's wetware issue even
if you directly hurl it at his cranium. Maybe if you bundle it with a
hardcover Sutherland's, an old Siegfrid & Fritz
https://www.amazon.de/gp/offer-listing/3870730145/ref=dp_olp_used?ie=UTF8&condition=used
and
https://www.adlibris.com/se/bok/tabellenbuch-fahrradtechnik-9783808523346

You are not wrong. John Forester is an asshole

https://waronthemotorist.wordpress.c...is-an-asshole/

A quick check shows that the mob at that site even resort to misrepresenting
the deadly accidents they link to. Zero credibility.

He may well be, but he's right about many things too.
Who among us is right all the time? Not me anyway.

To millennial snowflakes who have never learned to properly drive or ride,
anyone surviving vehicular cycling as long as Forester has will
automatically look like an a.

Maybe but it's not just millennial snowflakes that find Forester's
penchant to reject out of hand anything but his own solution to be flawed.

Case in point, the idea that adding something to trucks to keep cyclists
and pedestrians from getting under the wheels. We've had several deaths
in Montreal directly related to this.

One can sit on their pompous ass and blame the cyclist or pedestrians
for not reading their book. But putting barriers on trucks isn't a bad
idea. Nor is improved visibility. We have the tech to use cameras and
proximity alerts on my Toyota but not on an 18 wheeler? Doesn't make
much sense to be against these things in my opinion.