Old December 17th 17, 04:06 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Tim McNamara

Default New B&M 100lux headlight.

On Fri, 15 Dec 2017 23:36:28 -0800 (PST), Oculus Lights
wrote:
On Friday, December 15, 2017 at 10:09:36 PM UTC-8, Tim McNamara wrote:
On Fri, 15 Dec 2017 19:22:02 -0800 (PST), Oculus Lights
wrote:

snip

Barry, Barry, Barry. You are your own worst PR possible. You might
have a great product, but you are not proving it here or in the other
forums where I just spent ten minutes reading your screeds. Your web
site fails to convince as well (visually disorganized, repetitive and
is kinda like one of those late night TV Bell & Howell flashlight
commercials).

Good luck with your products, Barry. I think your best approach is
going to be to learn to manage your anger when you are dealing with
people. You're going to get blunt assessments of your product and
your style on the internet, might as well understand that up front
and use it to your advantage.

Hey Tim,
Same thing said privately would be constructive. Said publicly
its an attack and bait for others to redistribute and attack further
on.

You overestimate my prominence on the Internet, I think.

Would you pull the post please?

Unfortunately this is Usenet, Barry. There's no effective way for me to
"pull" the post. The technology is what it is. This is the Cateye
HL-500 of forums. Or maybe the Wonder Light!

Yes, I am old. I did a tour once with the HL-500 when it was new tech.

Constructive suggestions and honest product examination is how I get
my best improvements. Declaring across a widely read internet forum
that a product has a fatal flaw where there's nothing wrong at all
needs to be shut up quickly before it gets anywhere else around the
internet.

This is a Usenet newsgroup, Barry. It has dwindled in the age of Web
forums and now there are probably fewer than 100 people who read
rec.bicycles.tech, maybe fewer than 50. 10 years ago there were 1000 or
more participants; it has never been a widely read thing in the 20 years
I've been involved. Now it barely exists as a ghost of its former self.
This is true of every other newsgroup I am aware of; many of them have
ceased to exist altogether. Look at the posters' names- there's about
10 regulars posting (and mostly rehashing the same conversations over
and over, like old guys at the diner talking over the good old days).

Not sure where you say I'm being angry.

For example: threatening to "take people on," to get funding by suing
them, attacking anyone who dares to critique your product, etc., are
indicative of anger. Whether you mean to or not, you come across as
angry and defensive. You will get more negative reaction to that than
to what others say.

Do you also tell people posting misinformation to get first hand
information instead of idle offhand speculation? Do you attack Daniel
Emerson or Tom Carrol personally when you don't like something about
an, L&M light? Think about it. My life is my lights. Attacking me
claiming therefore you shouldn't buy my lights, you attack my ability
to barely keep a roof over my head. So please pull your last posting.

Again, no way to pull the post with the available technology. Usenet
operates like a bucket brigade.

I was simply offering you some advice based on reading what you yourself
have written here and in other places. In my opinion, what you write
and how you write it is more problematic for you than any of your
so-called detractors. You may, of course disagree with that.

I have no idea who Daniel Emerson or Tom Carrol are. If they post here
it has gone unnoticed to me. I don't recall having heard of L&M lights,
for that matter. I only know of your product because you brought it up.
I have lights that work great for me and I am not a potential customer
for Oculus or for L&M. I don't do battery headlights as a matter of
personal preference and pay no attention to that marketplace at all. As
noted previously, I have no ill will towards you or your products and
wish you every success.