Old September 3rd 04, 06:07 PM
Cletus Lee

In article , says...
I'm leaning towards buying a Street Machine GT recumbent. I considered
a Tidal Wave from actionbent as well, but am tempted by the rear
suspension. For an under seat steering bike, is it worth the money?
Are there better options out there for comfort and durability for a
casual rider (1000-2000 miles/year)?

NOTE: this is my second attempt at posting here, apologies if a
similar duplicate appears, it seems to have been lost.

A /fine/ machine, though a little heavy.

Is there an echo?

I had a bike with front suspension and the same bike later with a different fork. I can't really
see a benefit to having suspension on a road bike that can justify the additional weight. Climbing
with a recumbent is really telling. There are lots of things you would really like to have on a
bent besides weight.

--

Cletus D. Lee
Bacchetta Giro