Old July 16th 19, 05:28 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
James[_8_]

Default CO2 Connectors - Threaded vs Unthreaded

On 16/7/19 10:47 am, John B. wrote:
On Tue, 16 Jul 2019 10:22:42 +1000, James
wrote:

On 15/7/19 5:12 pm, John B. wrote:
On Sun, 14 Jul 2019 22:42:12 -0700 (PDT), Chalo
wrote:

That's grams, not ounces.

And it's a pretty horrendous misuse of resources just to avoid pumping.

Try pumping oh say a 700-25C tire to 90 psi with one of those little
short pocket sized pumps :-)

Lezyne make a range of bike pumps. I use a small "road drive" model,
that would easily fit in a back pocket, though I much prefer using the
holder that attaches between the frame and bottle cage.

I have absolutely no problem pumping up my tyres to 90 psi and more. :-)

I have no problems with pumping tires to 90 psi but sitting there on
the side of the road with the rain beating down and the cars zipping
by splashing mud I just find it a lot more satisfying to use CO2 -
"psssit" and you are back on the bike. :-)

Of course in your haste you didn't check the tyre well enough and the
spare gets punctured just down the road.

So while I may eventually run out of patches, I guarantee you will run
out of CO2 first. ;-)

--
JS