Old October 2nd 19, 09:40 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
jOHN b.

Default blinded by light

On Wed, 2 Oct 2019 09:34:19 +0100, Tosspot
wrote:

On 30/09/2019 14.54, jbeattie wrote:

snip

I also see a lot of DRL "good luck" rear blinkies -- the sort of
thing you would get free for your kid to wear trick-or-treating. Why
bother.

I've been using relights for 6 months now in a fit and forget mode.
I've only had rear lights fail a few times due to water ingress, or
cable issues, so I see the reelight not as an alternative to proper
lights, but an always on(for a given value of) flash and hope until you
notice the main rear light is defunct for some reason.

How noticeable are the relights, say from 50 meters away?
I've been using a flashing red tail light for some time that is quite
noticeable but of course you need to charge the battery once in a
while :-(

Super-bright front flashers should be outlawed, but then only outlaws
will have bright flashers.

Can't you just shoot people in America if you consider threatened?

--
cheers,

John B.