Old July 18th 04, 04:13 PM
Mark Leuck

Default "stabilizing" a stratus?

"Edward Dolan" wrote in message
So which specific brands and bikes are too twitchy? That is something on

more personal nature, to some a bike might be twitchy to others not

I am a generalist and I will not get into specifics on this question.
Suffice it to say I have very many recumbents and some are incredibly
twitchy and others are not. Same goes for the tiller variable. Some have

way
too much and some have way too little and others are OK.

I find it odd how a supposed "genius" could buy so many bikes without
realizing how twitchy they are, I also doubt you really have a recumbent
bike at all

and horse whipped to death for all the aggravation they cause. I have

lost
all patience with them! The problem is that they love to build the

g.d.
things, but they don't put any effort into designing them. May the

devil
take them!

Umm yea sure

No, I really mean the Devil take them! I simply can't believe that

recumbent
builders do not have a formula for trail and tiller. If I didn't know how

design proper trail and tiller into a bike I would not presume to be a

bike
manufacturer. Hells Bells! Even Wal-Mart sells bikes that are perfectly
designed.

Wal-Mart may sell bikes with perfect trail but I doubt many will last 100
miles or more, again which specific brand and model bike are you complaining
about? I should think this would be a simple question to answer. I own 2 and
have ridden maybe 10 and have yet to find a complaint with how they steer,
comfort yes but never steer

I have got over 15 recumbents and they are all different.

I doubt this

the fact that they
are all different ought to tell us something, but it doesn't because hope
springs eternal in the human breast. Fortunately, I am going to die soon

and
so will be well out of these eternal conundrums that recumbents present
which have almost driven me crazy over the past 20 years. But I have a

sense
of humor about it all and that is the only thing that has saved me.

Odd you have spent the last 20 years on purchasing and riding such poorly
made bikes, then again that would explain your disposition here