Old September 7th 05, 04:49 AM
Edward Dolan

Default Petition to Convince Ed Dolan to Stay (or Go)

"Johnny ReBike" wrote in message

On 6-Sep-2005, "Edward Dolan" wrote:

Most recumbent cyclists are elderly men who have been working class
types
all of their lives and have neglected their minds. All I have ever done
is
to cultivate my mind since I never had to work much, so why should
others
not benefit from my life of leisure.

Hmmm that's code for you haven't been employable and are on welfare\

I have been a gentleman of leisure my entire life. You could have been
too

if you had not been so foolish as to marry and have children. It is not
my

fault that you ended up nothing but a working stiff. That was still no
excuse for neglecting your mind, but I know it can be tough to feed your
mind when you have a wife and children to feed.

Johnny ReBike sez, eddie dolan lives off rental income of buildings
inherited from parents. eddie boy slower at making a living than Johnny
ReBike is on the road.

Inheritances play a pretty big role all right. The problem is that most
people blow their inheritances. You have to be a saver and never spend money
foolishly.

The main thing is that most people want to get married and have children.
Once you marry, you are really marrying into society and all that that
entails. Your wife will see to that. You will have to get a house (her nest)
and provide for her children. As Zorba the Greek would say, it is the
complete catastrophe.

Very many in this fat land could do what I did, but it helps if you are a
bit of a hermit and are not tied into society. Still, I do not recommend my
way as you have to be a special kind of person to make it work. Very many
men who try it my way end up early suicides.

--
Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota
aka