Old June 8th 06, 06:09 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc

Default Secure the front wheel on a hitch mounted bike rack

wrote:
forgive this question as i am new to triathlons and just purchased a
hitch mounted bike rack that looks something like this.....
www.lickbike.com/lickimages/3829.gif

I can secure my bike to the rack very easily. But what is the best way
to secure the front tire and the handle bars so they don't go flopping
around in the wind???

is there a better solution than just a bungee cord?

Thanks for your suggestions... jon

I use 1/16th " elastic cord instead of a heavy duty bungee. You can buy
the cord by the foot at camping stores like REI. Tie loops on the ends,
thread it through the front and rear wheels, and hook the loops
wherever you find it handy. It keeps the wheels from spinning, the
handlebars straight, won't mar the finish on either your bike or your
car, and it's cheap.

Regards,
Bob Hunt