Old July 31st 08, 06:35 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Scott

Default Looks like an exciting Vuelta !

On Jul 30, 5:20*pm, Keith wrote:
Now we're going to have two TDF winners, I wouldn't discount Sastre's
chances compared to Contador. Alhough he probably won't have the
stellar team he had on the TDF, in fact the roles might be reversed
compared to Astana. Leppy is in I'm sure, what about Klöden ?

What about Evans ? Does he fancy another 2 or 3 or worse ?

You don't discount Sastre's chances against Contador? *Sastre isn't
fit to carry Contador's lunch pail.

right, and you seem to forget that had it not been for Rasmussen
pullng Contador up the slopes he wouldn't even have won last year.

And you seem to forget that it is VERY likely that Rasmussen was doped
to the gills. Oh, and while it is indisputable that Rasmussen was
pulling Contador, it is also indisputable that no one else, especially
Sastre, was capable of keeping up w/ Rasmussen. Contador was the only
one who could, and the only one who did.