Old August 27th 18, 08:27 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Tosspot[_3_]

Default Seen In The Flesh...

On 08/27/2018 05:02 PM, dave wrote:
On Sat, 25 Aug 2018 11:00:12 +0200, Tosspot wrote:

On 08/24/2018 09:23 AM, dave wrote:
On Tue, 21 Aug 2018 22:27:21 +0200, Tosspot wrote:

On 08/21/2018 08:32 AM, dave wrote:

snip

"I wonder how quickly it will stop on both brakes?". About 30 kph,
a double handful and the bike stops dead, I mean in about 30cms. I'm
sorry to report, the rider didn't...

snip

They had put a beautiful u shaped drainage gulley between the road and
the grass level with the pavement. It's amazing quite how far a Bullit
will slide on its side panels.

Ouch. I take it the box took all the damage?

Side panel and that was about it. End of the pedal was a bit scraped but
they do slide in a fairly non self destructing fashion. A normal bike
would have flipped bounced and ****ed up all kinds of ****.

Oh also if you unfortunately get the front sandwiched between a Mercedes
Vito side panel and a Renault Clio front wing the frame is actually
entertainingly stronger than either.

ROFLMAO! I do believe I've just wet myself :-)

We need more details...