Old April 18th 19, 11:52 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
TMS320

Default Motorists not welcome

A few miles away, off the beaten track there is a cafe for walkers,
horse riders and bicycle riders. No provision made for lazy people. It's
always nice to be able to sit outside and enjoy the quiet open space
without the view blocked by large, smelly, noisy vehicles.

On Wednesday my wife I went there to find it closed for the day.
Except... they left a small kiosk, operated on an honesty basis; pick a
selection of drinks, sandwiches and cakes from the counter and put money
in a box. No cash? The details are given to do a bank transfer.

It seems my wife and I must have arrived after it had been restocked and
cleaned following a group of cyclists that had stolen everything and
used it as a toilet.

On the other hand, there must be an alternative explanation for the
smooth running of this arrangement. Something impossible for the tiny
minds of some to grasp.