Old May 14th 15, 07:43 AM posted to aus.legal,aus.bicycle
Zebee Johnstone

Default Talkback one eyed lunatics.

In aus.bicycle on Thu, 14 May 2015 16:09:38 +1000
Pelican wrote:
It's a democracy, so feel free to make your views heard. Write to the
Minister, and have your say. For what it's worth, I don't like your idea of
a government scheme. I would much prefer a private scheme by the insurance
industry, if possible, backed by law making it compulsory for bike riders,
or bikes, to be registered in a way that makes it self-funding. The
simpler, the better.

Is car registration self-funding does anyone know?

What about driver licencing? after all this is closer to that than it
is to rego.

At what age does a rider need to ahve a paid licence?

Should there be high penalties for hitting a licenced cyclist given
they would now have a "right to the road" many think they do not now
have?

Zebee