Old October 12th 17, 08:07 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
AMuzi

Default Road Discs

On 10/12/2017 1:49 PM, Frank Krygowski wrote:
On 10/12/2017 10:24 AM, wrote:
On Wednesday, October 11, 2017 at 10:52:20 AM UTC-7, Frank
Krygowski wrote:

Solid axles are almost universal on all trains. I don't
know of an
exception, although I expect someone will soon post one.

BART is a rapid transit system and they should not have
been using 19th century technology.

Do you know what technology other cities' transit trains use?

A completely unskilled industry-jargon-free search turned up
nothing except engineering and metallurgy improvements to
traditional solid axles, trucks, wheels, bearings and tires.
Don't know, but if they exist it's a secret.

--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org/