Old May 12th 04, 03:50 AM
KB

Default Carbo loading before a race?

hmmm....can't say I disagree with you since I really don't know the answer
for sure, but I know that I have recently read in textbooks that carbo
your muscles run out of glycogen, cramping etc. will occur...
I too am interested to hear what others here do..

"carbo_jim" wrote in message
k.net...
It is a know fact that carbs are poisonous to humans, hence the atkins
revolution. I would encourage you to investigate these lo-carb choices
othwerwise you are going to be addited to carbs and that's not a good

thing.
Let me put it this way, your grandfather was just hunting and gathering

right?
And as lean as they were, do you think that carbs were a dietary artifact,

no?
No. It is a know proven fact now that the health of the ancients was due

to low
carb hi protein (and yes even some fats).

For biking I would encourage a solid breakfast of ham and eggs with

coffee.

"jb" wrote in message
Anyone here do this? What exactly do you eat, and when??