Old April 18th 11, 09:53 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Postman Delivers

Default modded Brooks Saddle

Down the page a bit: Brooks' saddle modification

Recently there was a thread on the Internet about modifying Brookd
saddles. As a 25+ year custom leatherworker - almost exclusively making
sheaths for hand made custom knives - I thought it was about time that I
modded one of my own Brooks and leave a few tips behind.

I've got a ton of experience cutting thick, heavy leathers. The Brooks is
a pussycat though as I do lots of cutting through multi layer stacked
sheath edges and here's one that was 5 layers thick and measured 50/64ths
of an inch or 3/4" - five times thicker than a Brooks saddle.
http://www.miketechinfo.com/new-tech-general_stuff.htm

Finished saddle:
http://miketechinfo.com/pics/brookschop-med.jpg

Another web page