Old July 16th 13, 10:32 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike
Blackblade

Default WHOOPS! ANOTHER Dead Mountain Biker!

Irrelevant. You are assuming that they travel the same route, when in fact, mountain bikers travel several times as far as a hiker. Vandeman still 1000, mountain bikers ZERO.

Where do I make that assumption Michael ? Answer ... I don't. I assume the same power output for the hiker and the biker and I assume the same time spent conducting the activity. Since the biker WILL travel further than the hiker, for the same energy input, it is clear that LESS energy is lost to friction with the trail, per metre, than for the hiker.

Since this is axiomatically how a bicycle works it should come as no surprise to anyone.

You are OUT ... provide some equations and maths to backup your proposition.. You are looking like a fool.