Old October 29th 04, 12:37 PM
Roger Zoul

What's the total amount of elevation gain?

Why not just ride the entire thing, Badge? If you get someone to drive the
car along or just plan to wait on you at certain points along the way, I bet
you could complete it.

Who wants to drive any of the 100 miles when you can bike it

Go for it, man!

Badger_South wrote:
:: Should be a fun weekend. I just got my cue sheets for the 2005
:: Shenandoah Valley Century, and nothing at -all- to do this weekend.
:: It suddenly occurred to me 'training ride on the SVC route'! Never
:: too early to do a training ride on the course. After all, would the
:: maillot jaune leave any detail unchecked; any hill unpunished? (Yes
:: my friends, the hills no longer punish us, for we are getting Hill
:: Legs. Hopefully after this ride we will have another kind of legs.
:: ;-D )
::
:: Actually, it will be more like 'drive over mountains to unknown small
:: college town, and get lost and be taken in by generous co-eds.'
::
:: Oh, what was I saying. Century. This is supposed to be moderately up
:: and down, but no mountains. Thus the 'Valley' part. Any century with
:: 'gentle, valley, or flat' in it and I'm there. If you look at the
:: profile, below, you might wonder just what kind of valley this is...!
::
:: We'll probably drive parts of the route, but, after all, who really
:: wants to drive the entire 100 miles, even in a car..?
::
:: So I have the elevation map, the cue sheet and the right shoes and
:: matching helmet.
::
:: http://www.people.virginia.edu/~slj/svc.htm
::