Old October 28th 03, 04:39 AM
David Reuteler

Default pedal wrench size

Dan Daniel wrote:
: As someone mentions in that thread you reference, you don't need to
: use a lot of torque installing pedals. I have never rounded out an
: allen-head stem bolt, which usually takes more force than a pedal. And
: when I have used an allen on pedals, I had no worries about rounding
: out the hole.

my complaint with time is ..

... why?

there's no reason for this. most of the time i don't have trouble. but
most noteably on bikes i've come across used i have had CONSIDERABLE
difficulty getting them off.

probably not everyone knows you don't need to use a lot of torque. maybe
some don't know about grease. i'd prefer the bike not have time pedals
when that happens.

or maybe i'll get a meter long 6mm allen wrench and give it a whirl. who
knows?
--
david reuteler