Old February 8th 12, 05:42 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.backcountry
Rick Hopkins

Default ANOTHER Mountain Biker Dies!

On Feb 7, 6:54*pm, "Edward Dolan" wrote:
"Bob Berger" wrote in message

[...]

Rick: Will you PLEASE stop cluttering up this thread with facts.

None of you confounded mountain bikers would know a fact if it jumped up and
bit you in your dumb asses.

Trails are for hikers, roads are for bikers. Anyone who thinks otherwise is
a poor ****ed-up *******!

--
Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota
aka

Yawn, Ed, when you actually say something intelligent and relevant I
am sure the world will actually end. Are your meds giving out that
you cannot keep your attention span together long enough to read? No,
Mike posted a article on a gentlemen who died while mt. biking
implying strenuous exercise associated with mt. biking is bad, the
medical profession disagrees with you and Mike. If you are a healthy
adult, regular strenuous exercise is good for your heart health - even
more than simply strolling through the forest, which in its own right
is enjoyable for many different reasons. I made no value judgement as
to mt. biking good or bad, simply your heart has no idea whether it is
being "trained" or stressed while doing any number of back country
activities such as trail running, cross country skiing, snow shoeing,
and long distance power hiking. I assume you look on these extreme
sports type with disdain as they are not walking through the forest
with their walker. Most hikes I undertake are 10 plus miles and many
push 20 miles usually at high elevation (the Sierra, I own a house at
6400 ft and go up from there) with extreme elevation gain. You may
haul your over weight ass at a snails pace so your heart rate does not
get above 75 bpm, but I and most of my hiking friends push ourselves.
Maybe you hang out at the pub keeping your belly large, but I hang out
with a largely uber fit crowd of hikers, runners (I have a couple of
friends who are part of the ultra marathon crowd, 50 to 100 mile back
country runs), cyclist (most road cyclist, but some mt. bikers),
triatholoners, skaters who all crave (admitted addicted) to aerobic
activities 4 to 6 times a week. I just got back from a 2 hr dryland
training (for skating) where we did these 15 minute drills that you
feel like you want to throw up afterwards - this will greatly improve
our skating fitness and we thrive on the pain. So I guess you and Mike
will now lobby to keep all of those crazed uber fit trail users off
the trails now. Oh Minnesota, the great state where Santorium just
won the Republican caucus. Tell you what you stay in Minnesota, you
fit the nut cases there.

Enjoy, Rick