Old June 28th 20, 03:34 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Frank Krygowski[_4_]

Default Government Bicycle Program News

On 6/27/2020 8:22 PM, John B. wrote:
On Sat, 27 Jun 2020 19:53:11 -0400, Frank Krygowski
wrote:

On 6/27/2020 6:53 PM, John B. wrote:
On Sat, 27 Jun 2020 16:16:33 -0400, Frank Krygowski wrote:

What part do you object to? Like it or not, I have a reputation for
competence. Village cops know me. Many village and city residents know
of me. I've been the subject of several articles and interviews in local
media. I've served on quite a few relevant committees, taught classes,
written articles, etc.

Does all that offend you?

Oh My God! We hadn't been advised that you were such a famous person.

Sorry if it bothers you, John. But after decades of work on local bike
issues, I'm well known in the area. I'm fairly well known at the state
level as well.

As I said, "We hadn't been advised that you were such a famous person"

Don't re-phrase. I never said I was "famous." I'm well known in this
area regarding bicycle issues, especially among village, city and county
officials and others in authority.

FWIW, Jay is also pretty well known, but IIRC it's for significant
bicycle legal work he did decades ago. I don't know if he's been active
in these issues since.

How interesting, though, that "no good deed goes unpunished." Even by
fellow cyclists.

"Look Ma! I'm Wonderful!"
Good deed? Or self glorification?

There's no self-glorification in the work I do. My name didn't get
broadcast when discriminatory laws were repealed, when traffic lights
detected waiting bicyclists, when bike maps were published, etc.

--
- Frank Krygowski