Old September 17th 04, 03:07 AM
Dominic Sansom

Default Buying on the net

I had similar problems with BikeSomeWhere. They said they'd shipped m
new shoes (left the other pair on the car roof and drove off) an
blamed FedEx when they didn't turn up. They were a nightmare to dea
with by email. I emailed them 12 times and they replied 2. I finall
contacted Amazon (who I placed the order with) and they told me tha
BikeSomeWhere didn't have the items in stock and they would credit m
account (but not the foreign currency transaction fee or loss on th
exchange rate).

I HAVE to shop online 'cos I don't have a LBS within 5000km and I'v
had mostly good service. I try and stick to a few trusted vendors lik
Excelsports, REI, PricePoint (very helpful when they sent the wron
colour jersey - let me keep it and sent me the correct one for shippin
cost only).

I have to say that I've only had problems this year too. And shippin
is getting prohibitively expensive

--
Dominic Sansom