Old September 17th 04, 06:59 PM
Sheldon Brown

Default Buying on the net

"DRS" wrote:

The time I contacted Sheldon he didn't have what I wanted in stock so he
tried to sell me something else. I eventually found someone who wanted to
sell me what I wanted to buy.

I too wanted to sell you what you wanted to buy. Unfortunately,
Avocet had been unable to fill our long-standing order for those
tyres. We had been waiting for quite a few weeks for them, and had no
idea when they would arrive from Korea.

Avocet doesn't go through distributors, they are the only wholesale
source for their products. When they are out of stock, there is no
alternative source.

I wanted to solve your problem, so I suggested an alternative tyre
that I like a lot, and use myself.

This tyre is US$5.00 _less_ expensive than the Avocet model you were
asking for.

I didn't do this because I'm a greedy bait-and-switch artist, but
because I'm a cyclist like you and wanted to help you with your
problem.

Sheldon "Bald Is Good" Brown
Newtonville, Massachusetts, USA
| If your bike has drop handlebars, but you |
| rarely or never ride on the drops, it's a |
| sure sign that your bike is not properly |
| fitted or is not properly adjusted! |
| See: http://sheldonbrown.com/handsup |
Phone 617-244-9772 FAX 617-244-1041
http://harriscyclery.com