Old May 13th 06, 04:41 AM posted to aus.bicycle

Default today's ride

In aus.bicycle on Sat, 13 May 2006 10:13:15 +1000
Random Data wrote:
On Fri, 12 May 2006 23:43:28 +1000, beerwolf wrote:

I often ride on that footpath, going up, for the same reasons as you.
And coming back down, I _always_ use it. There aren't really many
alternatives for a cyclist, if you want to go back through that tunnel.

If you're coming off thinks Miller? St - anyway, the one that's just up
the hill from the station - you can head down towards Blues Pt, then cut
through a little park. This leads you though back streets to the other
side of the tunnel, and is legal.

No, it's going the other way. Off the bridge, go left so you can go
right on the street, up the hill, through the roundabout, up the
bicycle lane that is there so you can go the wrong way up a one way
street, right into the tunnel under the railway.

Now you have the choice to go on the road and brave buses, taxis, and
swerving cars wanting to turn left into the road the station's on, or
use the footpath.

be fairly blah. The footpath seems to be pretty accepted as a cycleway, so
it might even be worth lobbying for it to be formally declared.

An interesting idea.... I wonder what North Sydney council would
say... It's not too bad at the tunnel end, but there would need to be
some clear traffic management at the Walker St lights - quite a few
peds come out of the station and use those lights.

Zebee