Old October 30th 18, 06:58 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
James[_8_]

Default Bicycle Accident

On 30/10/18 11:39 am, Frank Krygowski wrote:

When my wife, daughter and I did our coast-to-coast ride, we were on a
gravel road in North Dakota when a woman driving a pickup truck stopped
us. She explained that another pair of touring cyclists just ahead of us
had spooked her cattle so badly they stampeded right through a barbed
wire fence and up the road.

Her family was herding the cows back down the gravel road, opposite the
direction we were riding. She asked us to please hide ourselves behind
some huge hay rolls in the adjacent pasture until they had passed by.

So we took a snack break there, and after a while got to watch cowboys
on horses plus another pickup truck move the herd.

At least we didn't have to disassemble our bikes.Â* :-)

Yes, I've been asked to wait for cattle being driven along the road
reserve. Some horses are particularly skittish around bicycles too.

--
JS