Old January 15th 09, 02:17 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
mornish

Default pedals, do they make that much difference?

_Ground_Zero_;1170659 wrote:
Eh, I've ridden 4 types of plastics and 3 types of medals. Wouldn't
really say that's true. Maybe worn down plastics to worn metals.

I think metals are better for non tech street and sometimes trials,
plastics for flat, freestyle, and tech street.

When wouldn't metal pedals be better for trials?

My trials / mountain pedals are straitlines which are amazing, they are
the grippiest pedals I've ridden.

I also have various plastic pedals that I use for everything else.

To Alister:

Your problem is probably foot placement. You were used to having the
ability to move your feet around with the slick plastic pedals but you
can't with the metal ones because of the pins. You could get some cheap
plastic pedals like the normal black Odyssey PCs (about $10 from a bike
shop) or just get used to it. If you can get your feet in the right
place starting out you should be good, and once you are used to them you
should get pretty adept at adjusting your feet even with the grippy
pedals.

-Miles

--
mornish

email: mornish at gmail dot com
'The National Debt Clock' (http://www.brillig.com/debt_clock/)
'definitely' (http://d-e-f-i-n-i-t-e-l-y.com/)
'California Mountain Unicycle Weekend 2008'
(http://www.unicycling.com/muni/2008/)