Old July 16th 18, 05:38 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Sepp Ruf

Default Making America into Amsterdam

Jeff Liebermann wrote:
On Sun, 15 Jul 2018 15:01:58 -0700 (PDT), jbeattie wrote:

Yesterday was a death ride with my son, and no pubs -- although
I did have a beer at home, and Tylenol. Obviously two no-fun
rides because they didn't involve a pub of any kind.
-- Jay Beattie.

Careful when mixing alcohol and Tylenol (acetaminophen). The
combination can cause liver damage:
https://www.healthline.com/health/pain-relief/acetaminophen-alcohol
Methinks that aspirin is safer, as long as you don't have a problem
with stomach bleeding or ulcers.

Speaking of stomach ulcers and straining to keep up with the RARE faster
rider:
Does anyone have an idea how strong an "emergency fluid" needs to be to kill
ingested helicobacter-pylori that a fly occasionally carries into the
carelessly opened mouth during strenuous cycling, especially when riding
dangerously upright (Dutch-geometry) cycles? There rarely are any St.
Bernard dogs around any more I could ask for a double brandy. So I tend to
just have a yoghurt with cayenne pepper and a garlic clove asap if it's too
late to spit the insect out. But I'd really prefer to apply some kind of
cold beer or whiskey-cola. Any ideas, home-brew or not?