Old May 17th 04, 05:52 AM
Steve Freides

Default FAQ on choosing a "clipless" pedal system

A friend is taking her bike in for an overhaul and, after seeing how
much my wife and I like our Speedplay Frogs, is also interested in
getting a "clipless" pedal system, which will be the first time for her.

Is there an comparison of the various types of pedal systems out there
suitable for the casual cyclotourist? My wife found SPD's hard to get
in and out of but loves Frogs. The type of riding is nothing more than
casual day trips, so being able to walk around is important. Money
isn't particularly an issue except that she doesn't ride a lot and,
while she owns a reasonably good enthusiast bike, it would be silly to
spend several hundred dollars on shoes and pedals for her.

Thanks in advance.

-S-
http://www.kbnj.com