Old October 10th 18, 02:18 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Doug Landau

Default Another crash.

On Friday, July 13, 2018 at 7:14:41 AM UTC-7, jbeattie wrote:
On Thursday, July 12, 2018 at 11:36:33 PM UTC-7, Tosspot wrote:
On 12/07/18 20:30, Doug Landau wrote:
FUKIN ****

2nd crash in 3 years. 2nd crash in 23 years.

And I was having such a great ride, too. And a great day. 22 miles into a 50 mile to-town-for-lunch and back, and was about 100 yards away from said lunch, at subways, in minden nevada, having left the hiway, entered a parking lot, took a drink (my first of the day, for whatever reason) with my left hand and failed to notice a goddam ****ing black rubber speedbump. And then it was like - like oh **** this is gonna hurt

I think I was going a decent clip - meaning between 15 n 20 - i think
That was Jun 29.
I got my first pin. In my thumb. Only $15K. My headache is gone but the stitches are kinda ug- well its too early to say

Pins is good, had a few in fingers and collar bones. Stabilises the
joint nicely, and better than a cast for comfort. Getting them out is a
fun game, it goes exactly as you might imagine it would...

https://5.imimg.com/data5/UQ/UG/MY-2...er-500x500.jpg

https://www.dropbox.com/s/fl582jkkon...toast.jpg?dl=0

Except the doctors use something nicer than the $1.99 bargain bin China Freight Combo Pliers. They're shinier. The pins do poke out and feel pokey. The hardest part of a hand fracture was trying to get Dragon to work. Those voice transcription programs are incredibly clunky for a modern program.

-- Jay Beattie.

Yes. I have a nicely equipped first aid kit after this round of Dr visits, complete with suture removing scissors.