Old January 22nd 17, 05:58 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Joerg[_2_]

Default Question for Joerg

On 2017-01-08 19:36, wrote:
Joerg, I was wondering if you've ever ridden the Mosquito Road
loop in Placerville. It's not that long (under 25 miles), but has
a lot of climbing and descending with some pitches of 12%,
whereas I am more accustomed to riding a grade of 6% or so. So
I'm not sure if I'm really in good enough shape to do the loop.
Any words of wisdom? Thanks a lot. Bill Crowell in Diamond
Springs

Have to pass, Bill. Never rode that one and I don't like such
roads where eventually some crazy guy on a crotch rocket blows
through and almost hits you in a curve. That happened to me on
Salmon Falls Road. A helmet flew by almost under my left arm and
the guy nearly turfed it.

Seriously? That looks like a great ride.
http://tinyurl.com/h4rupuz
That's a quintessential Sierra foothills ride. Reminds me of this
local ride:
http://rideoregonride.com/road-route...ge-long-route/

http://norcalcyclingnews.com/words/w...1.28.07-AM.png

If those types of roads are frightening for you, you'd basically have
no fun place to ride around here.

Huh? Not true at all. This is the sort of route I ride:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l5cjAW_nrl4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y38JzV-ueXI

Same area, no cars, pristine nature, fun!

Bill can get to the El Dorado Trail right from his garage in minutes,
just like I can:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z_T2c4AXaCY

It goes on and on, you can ride all the way to Folsom. Why would I want
to ride on a road where motor vehicles whiz by all the time when I can
have this?

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/