Old September 15th 03, 09:30 PM
Larry Varney

Default which tandem recumbent trike should i buy

MLB wrote:
Larry Varney wrote in news:3f65e8b3$0$43890$a0465688
@nnrp.fuse.net:

http://home.fuse.net/larryvarney/ttt.html

Larry, did you ride the Troika? Can you compare to the WW? I was really
interested in the Troi as the only "affordable" solution at that time, but
just couldn't find much/any info other than 1 owner who was helpful.
In fact as the 2 4k tandems, maybe you should do a comparo?

I did ride the Troika, but just briefly. I'd like to have one for a
few weeks or so, just to do it justice, so I could see how it handles
hills, flats, day-to-day stuff like getting it in and out of the
basement, etc.
But that said, I will comment on the things I did notice. The
handlebars might be adjustable, I'm not sure, but this owner had his at
such a position that my hands were dangerously close to the tires and
spokes. It wouldn't take much inattention to wind up with a rotary manicure!
The seats are a good two or three inches higher than those on the WW.
The brakes were good, but since he had the drums, it's almost unfair
to even compare them to the disks on the WW. I love the drums on my
GTO, but since coming into contact with the disks on the WW TT 3.4 and
then on the Catrike Speed, I've really come to love them.
I'll probably be going to Florida for a couple of weeks in November -
I'm thinking about the South Broward century on the 9th and the Horrible
Hundred on the 16th - so maybe I'll get a chance to stop in and see the
Organic Engines shop, not to mention Catrike.

--
Larry Varney
Cold Spring, KY