Old May 20th 18, 03:38 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Joerg[_2_]

Default Joerg may not be too crazy

On 2018-05-19 16:51, jbeattie wrote:
On Saturday, May 19, 2018 at 3:18:24 PM UTC-7, David Scheidt wrote:
http://www.oregonlive.com/pacific-no...ashington.html

My brother lives in Snoqualmie and formerly lived next door in North
Bend. I house sat for three months in North Bend and rode
practically every day. Every ride was filled with mountain lions.
Everywhere -- I had to clean fur out of my chain. Super dangerous
place. You need to be packing serious heat:
http://glock.pro/attachments/glock-p...1397584614.jpg

In all seriousness, my brother said it was on a logging road not too
far from his house. He doesn't know yet if it is anyone he knows. My
brother was an old guy mountain bike champ (Washington state and some
others), so he knows most of the roads and the riders. I don't
recall him complaining about mountain lions or the incessant
mechanical problems encountered by Joerg for that matter.

Mountain lions are not very prevalent in WA state, probably too cold of
a climate for them. That is very different here in CA. I never
encountered one so far but saw fresh tracks on singletrack. Once on a
singletrack I came upon a freshly slain fox right on the trail. While
riding around it something big darted out of a bush and off into the
thick vegetation. I don't know what it was but I only know one animal
that would kill a fox and eat it. So I chose to get out of there and not
to take this trail back home but to use a rather nasty and shoulderless
country road.

WA has different beasts. While on a winter hike in the snow up in the
maintains near Stephens Pass a little bear followed me. It was probably
hoping I'd drop my backpack. Every time I turned around it stopped.
Looked too small for a bear to be on his or her own and eventually it
gave up. I hope it found its way back to mama.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/