Old April 21st 06, 06:33 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling

Default [LCC City] City of London Cycle Accident Assessment Study

"spindrift" wrote in message
ups.com...
From the London Cycling Campaign:

Figure 10: All accidents caused by cyclists by contributing factor
2.6.2 The main contributing factors of accidents caused by cyclists
were
overtaking on the nearside (19%)"

And no mention of whether there was a cycle lane?

So a cyclist could be using a cycle lane, collide with a vehicle,

and
the cyclist is held at fault?

I don't understand this at all.

Thanks to a recent posting on the London cycling Camapign's Planning
and Engineering mailing list I now know that the "STATS 19" form,
that the police fill out after accidents, has a section for adding
code numbers for "contributing factors". Code no 220 is "Overtaking
on the Nearside Injudciously". I thnk they are allowed to add more
than one code, but there is some maximum number. There doesn't seem
to be a code for "presence of a bike lane"

Jeremy Parker