Old March 21st 08, 02:06 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Phil B

Default Pedal suggestions, please.

On Mar 20, 10:07*pm, Jay Beattie wrote:
On Mar 20, 9:19*pm, A Muzi wrote:

wrote:
I haven't bought a flat pedal in decades and could benefit from some experience.
UPS is bringing a single speed IRO cross frame I'll be setting up with mustache
bars for mild trails and bad roads and otherwise having fun. Clips and straps
make sense unless I race it and that I'm equipped for that.
So, what's a good, solid, nonexpensive, non-boat-achor pedal nowadays?
Ron
I'm sure Christophe will still have straps for me,
So, what'd you expect from a tiger.

MKS Sylvan in Road (looks like a 1037) Track (looks like a 1038) or the
wider Tour. Tough and cheap.

O.K., those are not Campy quality, but gawdamighty, the MKS are cheap.
I think I was paying that much for plausible SR knock-offs back in the
80s. -- Jay Beattie.

All good choices, however; if you plan to run without toe clips, at
all, only the first of the suggestions, the Silvan touring pedal is
symetrical. Why ride a one-sided pedal if you're not going to be
running clips? The bottom side is not particularly comfortable or
safe. YMMV

Phil B