Old March 22nd 08, 08:55 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Nigel Cliffe[_2_]

Default Car daytime running lights

Martin Dann wrote:
David Hansen wrote:
A while ago I mentioned that the EU were trying to make things even
more dangerous for cyclists by introducing these things. I contacted
my MEP, who has discovered that this idea is being pushed by parts
of the UN, no doubt the same sort of people who are pushing bike
helmets.

This (DLRs) has been discussed in Parliament a few times, and
according to the minister for something or other, this has already
been passed into car manufacturing regulations, such that all new
cars from 2012 will have to be built with DLRs.

That was what I thought as well, though couldn't point to a definitive
reference on the topic.

C&U changes are not usually retrospective on existing vehicles.

- Nigel

--
Nigel Cliffe,
Webmaster at http://www.2mm.org.uk/