Old March 22nd 08, 07:55 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
naked_draughtsman

Default Car daytime running lights

On Mar 21, 9:59 pm, "John Grove"
wrote:
"Just zis Guy, you know?" wrote in messagenews:kb77u3l0c6pofle0c66bmlgrbpm8s39724@4ax .com...

On Fri, 21 Mar 2008 03:57:08 -0700 (PDT), naked_draughtsman
said in
:

I guess what they mean is they're consulting with the DfT and
counterparts rather than people who this might affect such as cycling
and motoring groups.

No, I think it's just the other definition of consulting, the one
used by governments. "Good, that's all settled, now we'll just
arrange the consultation to approve it".

Guy
http://www.chapmancentral.co.uk

If the EU OJ says sidelights for running lights then the British Civil
service mandarins
will translate it to mean full headlights, spotlights and fog lights to be
on at all times.
and the Police will enforce this with a will to raise revenue.

You'd like to think so, but they currently don't seem to be able to
enforce the mobile phone ban or the requirement to have working lights
at night (on cars or bikes).

peter