Old June 1st 11, 04:41 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Rob

Default Grit spatter on legs - what to do about it?

On 1/06/2011 1:26 PM, Zebee Johnstone wrote:
In aus.bicycle on Tue, 31 May 2011 07:18:00 -0700 (PDT)
wrote:

I really hope the mudguards will make a large difference, but my
experience with mudguards (my road bike has a seatpost fender)
indicates that they only provide modest protection and one way or
another I'm still going to get wet sandy shoes.

Proper mudguards will make a big difference, whaletails not so much.

maybe a set of legwarmers? take 'em off when you get to uni.

A size large set of sock protectors from a farm shop? Those are the
elasticated legging things you sometimes see outdoor workers wear that
cover a chunk of shin down to the top of the boots to keep burrs and
cement out of your socks.

Zebee

You can get these gaiters from Saddlery type shops as well. waterproof,
strap under the boot etc