Old June 28th 11, 04:59 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Geoff Lock[_2_]

Default The use of a woolen scarf in cycling

On 28/06/2011 11:41 AM, thefathippy wrote:
On Jun 24, 4:17 pm, Geoff Lockglock@home wrote:

I prefer a neck sock, or a Buf style thing - basically a tube of
material that you poke your head through. Buf style is light and thin,
the socks I've seen tend to be thicker fleece. No need to tuck either
version in. I prefer the Buf style - you can wear it as a beanie when
you stop. Plenty warm enough for me, but I don't head out at 3:00 am!!

A neck sock, eh? Hm... a neck sock might not work for me cos with the
scarf, the ends trail over the front of my torso and being inside my
windcheater, those ends act as sorta padding between the cold and my
scrawny chest.

I am working on building up some natural padding overall, eg I had some
lovely stewed pork belly with nice thick layers of fat last night for
dinner, but nothing is working

Heading out at 3am is not as difficult as I make it out to be It's
only cold to start with but if one is warm and stay warm long enough,
it's not that much different from any ride Hell, I've heard of some
ppl who ride all night during full moons - now THAT is different